Thursday, April 25, 2013

Baked Asparagus Fries

Raise your hand if you think the best part of Spring is fresh asparagus.  Or if your my one friend...ASPARAGUS!!!!  I may hide my zeal more than she does, but I'm right there with her.  In fact, we were texting tonight about our excitement over fresh, local asparagus coming our way in tomorrow's Crop Share.  Yes, it's fresh, it's local and it's...ASPARAGUS!

One of my favorite preparations for asparagus is to just drizzle them with olive oil, toss with some minced garlic, season with salt & pepper and bake it at 400 for 25 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender yet still a bit crisp.

That's the healthy sensible version.  And then there's the fun version from Spoon Fork Bacon!  My asparagus-obsessed friend and I made these Baked Asparagus Fries this past year and we were beyond hooked.  It got our men to eat their veggies, so that means it's bound to work for kids, especially since this is a veggie recipe that's meant to be dipped in something delicious.

Follow the link below to see the recipe on Spoon Fork Bacon...

Baked Asparagus Fries



No comments:

Post a Comment